Our friend, Christina, is the queen of scrumptious recipes featuring local goodies and we LOVE when she uses our chocolate in her creations. Here's a recent one - a perfect fall snack!
Make sure to visit her blog for more: tootsweetness.com
cocoa roasted almonds
2 cups raw almonds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp cane sugar
2 tsp flake salt (or 1 tsp table salt)
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Place almonds in a medium bowl. Drizzle maple syrup over the almonds and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle the cane sugar and salt over the almonds and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until the almonds are roasty and the sugar is just caramelized.
- Right when you remove the almonds from the oven, put them into a clean bowl and sprinkle the cocoa powder over them. Cover the bowl with a plate and shake to coat the almonds with the cocoa powder.
- If any almonds aren't completely covered with the cocoa powder, give them a quick stir.
- Spread the almonds over a clean sheet of parchment or on a clean baking sheet to cool.
- Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
Learn how to make homemade chocolate bark with your favorite toppings for a simple and beautiful treat.