Since Jody was a kid her favorite cookie has been a simple chocolate chip! So when we decided to add cookies to our offerings awhile back, we opted for only one recipe: the best possible chocolate chip cookie we could create. And, wow, have they become popular!
Ingredients2 ½ sticks (280g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (225g) white sugar
1 cup (240g) brown sugar
3 ½ cups (445g) all purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 ¾ cups (400g) 70% Esmeraldas chocolate discs
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine butter, sugars and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix, using the paddle attachment, until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, incorporating one egg at a time. Continue mixing until light and fluffy again.
- Stop the mixer and add all the flour mixture. Mix on sloooow - just enough to incorporate.
- Add chocolate and mix briefly to combine.
- Weigh out dough into 100 g dough balls or use a cookie scoop for even cookies.
- Freeze cookie dough overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for +/- 15 minutes.
We’re excited to share this recipe with you and hope you’ll make it at home. Let us know if you do by tagging us on social @grocersdaughter.