I challenged myself to use only the ingredients I had on hand in my pantry to whip up a variation on our Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies. I ended up using our chocolate sunflower butter, 64% dark chocolate Fortaleza chips, and our milk chocolate drinking mix, which I discovered is great for cookies because it forms the perfect meltey bits throughout the cookies. Charlie and Arlo gave these two thumbs up and told me they rival our shop's chocolate chip cookies, which is no small thing coming from these discerning cookie monsters.
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Chocolate Sunbutter
1 1/4 cup milk chocolate drinking mix
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/4 cup 64% Fortaleza chocolate discs
PREPARATION1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, milk chocolate drinking mix, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Combine butter, chocolate sunflower seed butter, sugars and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix, using the paddle attachment, until it becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, incorporating one egg at a time. Continue mixing until light and fluffy again.
4. Stop the mixer and add all the flour mixture. Mix on sloooow - just enough to incorporate.
5. Add chocolate discs and sunflower seeds and mix briefly to combine.
6. Weigh out dough into 100 g dough balls or use a cookie scoop for even cookies.
7. Freeze cookie dough overnight.
8. Bake at 350°F for +/- 15 minutes.