I absolutely love the hummingbird truffle we make and decided to use that as inspiration for a chocolate milkshake with bright floral and fruity flavors! This shake is definitely a treat, perfect for a sunny fall afternoon. If you don't have access to the tea used in our truffle, use dried hibiscus mixed with dried cherries and blueberries. The milk and ice cream could be replaced with their non-dairy counterparts to make a vegan version.
INGREDIENTS (PER SERVING)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp Light of Day hummingbird nectar tea
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate discs
- A few scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Heat milk with tea and chocolate over medium heat, whisking regularly, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Chill the mixture completely.
- Strain mixture to remove tea.
- Blend with ice cream, more for a thicker milkshake, less for a more chocolatey shake!