Shop Team Member
The mission of Grocer's Daughter Chocolate is to serve, inspire and lead our community of chocolate lovers, from tree to tummy.
At Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, we're only as good as our people. We seek bright, kind, honest, self-motivated people to join our team. While teamwork is our mantra, we believe that diversity and individuality are vital components of a healthy, dynamic workplace. We welcome people of all races, ages, gender and sexual orientation.
We are committed to deepening our relationship with - and service to - our producer partners, our vendors and our community. We believe that our success is inextricably linked to that of all of our stakeholders.
We acknowledge that we are all students of artisan chocolate and sustainable food systems. We aim to create a 'culture of discovery' for our organization that encourages and supports experimentation, learning and collaboration among our staff, customers and all other partners in our value chain.
* Must be able to work 3-4 days/week approx 10-6. Weekend and weekday availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Provide excellent guest service to everyone who enters the chocolate shop.
● Ensure the retail and seating spaces (inside and out) are clean, tidy and well stocked.
● Work closely with co-workers to complete all necessary daily shop tasks. Follow
opening and closing procedures.
● Maintain the highest level of quality in product preparation/presentation.
● Maintain a clean work space at all times; washing dishes, wiping countertops/oven, polishing moulds.
● Helping to create a fun, cooperative environment.
● Participate in all staff education/training.