We're Hiring: Full-time Retail and Customer Experience Director
Spread the word - we're seeking a fantastic person to join our team!
RETAIL AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DIRECTOR
Supervises retail staff at our Empire, MI chocolate shop plus new next door gelatero shop and sweets bakery to be opened later this year; SERVSAVE certification required after 90 days (GDC will pay for certification cost).
This is a full-time, year round position.
*** $16.00 - $17.50/hr (with regular raises) plus tips + paid vacation + $3000 annual wellness stipend + professional development opportunities + fun work environment + FREE CHOCOLATE ***
The mission of Grocer's Daughter Chocolate is to serve, inspire and lead our community of chocolate lovers, from tree to tummy.
At Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, we're only as good as our people. We seek bright, friendly, honest, self-motivated people to join our team. While teamwork is our mantra, we believe that diversity and individuality are vital components of a healthy, dynamic workplace. We welcome people of all races, ages, gender and sexual orientation to apply and we are an anti-rascist employer.
We are committed to deepening our relationship with and service to our producer partners, our vendors and our community. We believe that our success is inextricably linked to that of our partners, vendors, staff and community.
We acknowledge that we are all students of artisan chocolate and sustainable food systems. We aim to create a 'culture of discovery' for our organization that encourages and supports experimentation, learning and collaboration among our staff, customers and all other partners in our value chain.
DIRECTOR OF RETAIL AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Lead the GDC retail team in cultivating a positive work environment and well-functioning shops.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience. Shop is abundant, clean and properly-staffed; samples are full (when serving); staff is well-trained, friendly and feels comfortable speaking about all of our products and sourcing; outdoor spaces are clean, tidy and welcoming.
- Manage staffing needs of retail shops including scheduling, training including working shifts as needed.
- Alongside owners/management team, develop and implement a comprehensive training and education program for staff.
- Supervise drink program and ensure regular cleaning/maintenance is being done on the drink machines. Support staff in making the best drinks possible with clear, consistent recipes. Maintain inventory of house-made syrups, whipped cream, ice and milk/dairy free options. Oversee the creation of fun seasonal drinks.
- Oversee overflow packaging of all products as directed by GDC Production Team and follow GDC protocol in packaging.
- As needed assist Operations Manager in web and wholesale order fulfillment with the highest standards of quality and customer service.
- Support social media team as requested with content, customer feedback, etc.
- Follow Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate sourcing philosophy for new ingredients: 1. High Quality, 2. Local/direct 3. Organic/Natural 4. Supports Small Family Farms 5. Progressive Social Policies
- Maintain accurate daily cash counts and follow protocols for cash/credit card deposits. Accurately enter transactions into quickbooks and update systems/items/customer/vendor information as needed.
- Support on and off-site events which may include representing GDC in a professional manner at events, scheduling staff/owners to work events, loaning our machines to customers for events.
- Coordinate customer education including classes, tastings, etc. Continue to develop, improve chocolate education curriculum for customers and staff.
- Represent GDC to customers, community partners, vendors, customers in a positive, collaborative spirit at all times.
- Promote a clean, sanitary shop. Ensure the GDC retail staff is compliant with daily opening/closing duties. Assist with extra cleaning as needed.
- Help to create a fun, cooperative work environment where diversity is celebrated.
- Participate in staff education/training/team-building.
MEASURES OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Happy customers who love our chocolate and happy staff (including you!) who enjoy working at the shop.
- Positive peer reviews from co-workers/owners.
- A tidy, clean, well-stocked chocolate shop.
- Ability to talk confidently and knowledgeably about our products and the values chain of chocolate in general (sourcing, production, bean to bar).
- Problems are solved in the most cost effective, positive manner possible.
- Orders are delivered and fulfilled in a timely, friendly manner with highest standards of customer service.
- The successful management and education of the GDC retail team.
- Accuracy of cash transactions and a healthy financial picture.
- Successful multi-tasking and willingness to do all tasks with a positive attitude.
- Development/refinement of shop systems as needed.
- Comfort providing feedback to GDC owners, management team and staff.
Please send your resume or work history to firstname.lastname@example.org including a paragraph about why you’d like to work at Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate along with 3 professional references.
Please be aware that you must be able to stand on your feet for an 8 hour shift and lift 25 lbs.