JOIN OUR SUPER AWESOME CHOCOLATE TEAM - CHOCOLATE SHOP TEAM MEMBER
CHOCOLATE SHOP TEAM MEMBER
Full-time, year-round position with management potential if interested.
*$14.50 - $15.50/hr plus tips + fun work environment + seasonal/holiday bonus*
The mission of Grocer's Daughter Chocolate is to serve, inspire and lead our community of chocolate lovers, from tree to tummy.
At Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, we're only as good as our people. We seek bright, passionate, honest, self-motivated people to join our team. While teamwork is our mantra, we believe that diversity and individuality are vital components of a healthy, dynamic workplace. We welcome people of all races, ages, gender and sexual orientation to apply and we are an anti-rascist employer.
We are committed to deepening our relationship with - and service to - our producer partners, our vendors and our community. We believe that our success is inextricably linked to that of our partners, vendors, staff and community.
We acknowledge that we are all students of artisan chocolate and sustainable food systems. We aim to create a 'culture of discovery' for our organization that encourages and supports experimentation, learning and collaboration among our staff, customers and all other partners in our value chain.
CHOCOLATE SHOP TEAM MEMBER
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain clean and tidy shop plus and outdoor seating areas at all times.
- Ensure shop inventory is abundant, samples are full (when serving).
- Work closely with co-workers to complete all necessary daily shop tasks, following opening and closing procedures.
- Uphold the highest level of quality in chocolate preparation/presentation.
- Maintain a clean work space at all times; washing dishes, wiping countertops/oven, polishing molds as requested.
- Helping to create a fun, cooperative work environment. Assisting coworkers and managers with shop tasks including light cleaning, packaging, water plants, merchandising.
- Consistently and efficiently package products as needed to GDC standards.
- Support wholesale and web order fulfillment as needed.
- Support GDC social media team with content when requested.
- Participate in all staff education/training.
Support/teach classes/lead tours and events as needed.
Accurate and honest management of cash and hours worked.
Measures of Achievement
- Happy guests and co-workers.
- A clean, tidy, well-functioning shop.
- Ability to speak in an informed way about our products and the processing of chocolate in general and all ingredients used (sourcing, production, bean to bar).
- Ability to talk about our local sourcing and partnerships.
- Successful multi-tasking and willingness to do all tasks with a positive attitude.
Please send your resume or work history and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!