Join our Chocolate Family!
GROCER'S DAUGHTER CHOCOLATE
Part-time 2-4 days per week. Schedule will fall between the hours of 9:30 AM and 6:30 PM. Some weekends and some weekdays preferred.
The mission of Grocer's Daughter Chocolate is to serve, inspire and lead our community of chocolate lovers, from tree to tummy.
At Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, we're only as good as our people. We seek bright, passionate, honest, self-motivated people to join our team. While teamwork is our mantra, we believe that diversity and individuality are vital components of a healthy, dynamic workplace. We welcome people of all races, ages, gender and sexual orientation.
We are committed to deepening our relationship with - and service to - our producer partners, our vendors and our community. We believe that our success is inextricably linked to that of our partners, vendors, staff and community.
We acknowledge that we are all students of artisan chocolate and sustainable food systems. We aim to create a 'culture of discovery' for our organization that encourages and supports experimentation, learning and collaboration among our staff, customers and all other partners in our value chain.
* Must be able to work 3-4 days/week approx 10-6. Weekend and weekday availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ensure the retail and seating spaces (inside and out) are clean, tidy and well stocked
Work closely with co-workers to complete all necessary daily shop tasks. Follow opening and closing procedures.
Maintain the highest level of quality in product preparation/presentation
- Provide excellent guest service to everyone who enters the chocolate shop.
Fulfill web/wholesale orders as needed.
Consistently and efficiently package products.
- Maintain a clean work space at all times; washing dishes, wiping countertops/oven, polishing moulds.
- Helping to create a fun, cooperative environment
- Participate in all staff education/training
Accurate management of cash
- Support/teach classes/tours and events as necessary
- Report hours accurately
Measures of Achievement
Happy guests and co-workers
A clean, tidy workplace
- Ability to speak in an informed way about our products and the processing of chocolate in general and all ingredients used (sourcing, production, bean to bar)
- Ability to talk about our local sourcing and partnerships
- Successful multi-tasking and willingness to do all tasks with a positive attitude
- Well-stocked inventory
Please send a resume/work history to email@example.com with 3 references.