FCCI Origin Series: Ecuador with Conexión and Grocer's Daughter Chocolate
Meet the makers!
In this FCCI Origin Series conversation, meet Jenny Samaniego, owner of Conexión Ecuador , and Jody Hayden, owner of Grocer´´'s Daughter Chocolate in Michigan, USA. You will learn about Jenny's journey working with cacao and chocolate in Ecuador, her partnership with Grocer's Daughter Chocolate, and Jody's unique chocolate dream in the Great Lakes region of the United States!
After you purchase your ticket, you’ll receive a syllabus of resources to explore the highlighted region and cocoa operation, curated by Carla D. Martin, PhD, award-winning Lecturer for Harvard University’s Chocolate Class.
Taste and bake!
We encourage participants to open a bar of chocolate from Conexión and Grocer's Daughter Chocolate to enjoy during the experience.
The two chocolates being tasted are 64% Fortaleza (buy from Conexión/buy from Grocer's Daughter) and 43% Milk El Finquerito (buy from Conexión/buy from Grocer's Daughter)
We’ll also send you a recipe created by Chef Stephen Durfee, celebrated Pastry Instructor at the Culinary Institute of America, using both chocolates listed above. We recommend buying between 500g -1Kg from each (17.5oz-35.2oz)
This event has been designed with a fundraising mission to support the cacao professionals Conexión Chocolate works with. To ensure that funds quickly and effectively reach those in need, proceeds will be transferred directly to this cacao producer for their discretionary use. This model supports cacao producers in not only capturing value from their cocoa, but also from the experience that their cocoa generates for consumers.
Your 'to-do list':
- Buy your ticket
- Order your chocolate to taste and/or bake
- Check your email for a special syllabus and recipe
- On the date and time specified, log in using the Zoom link we provide to join the discussion!
- Questions? contact our experience concierge José López Ganem at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to learn more about the Fine Cacao and Chocolate Institute? Visit our website here.
- Looking for more fine chocolate? Visit Make Mine Fine, an initiative of our colleagues at the Fine Chocolate Industry Association.
We are enormously thankful for the inspiration and support of our peers at Pressoir.Wine/La Paulée/Fête du Champagne, who pioneered online experiences for guests to financially support specialty industries during these uncertain times. Merci beaucoup!